Cinnamon Sugar French Toast with Fresh Berries
Warm french toast cooked with a crispy cinnamon sugar crust, topped with fresh butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar and fresh local berries... My mouth is literally watering as I type this. So so good! Your kitchen will also smell DIVINE!
- 1 loaf of Italian bread, sliced 1 1/2” thick
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup half & half
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP butter
- Mix together the sugar & cinnamon and then divide in half and get a skillet nice and warm with butter while you make the egg mixture.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, half & half, vanilla, salt and 1/2 of the cinnamon sugar mix.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture and then sprinkle some of the sugar mix on top, after you put on the hot pan.
- Cook until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with extra butter, a drizzle of good maple syrup, powdered sugar, fresh berries, sliced bananas, pecans, whatever you like — ENJOY!