Poppy Seed Chicken
This recipe is hands down one of my favorites! It is so simple and can be thrown together quickly. You can even use a rotisserie chicken!! It is defiinitely a favorite of my family and friends. It pairs well with rice pilaf and any vegetable. Also reheats easily. I hope you enjoy!
- 4 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (if you do not have these, you can leave them out)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 sleeves Ritz Crackers, crushed
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded chicken, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, garlic powder, poppyseeds, salt & pepper and mix until all combined. You can even throw all the ingredients in your Kitchen Aid if you have one!
- Add to a 9x13 casserole dish that has been coated with nonstick spray. To make the topping, mix together the crushed crackers & melted butter. This is best done in a big ziplock bag. Add the topping to the top of the casserole.
- Bake for approx. 25 minutes until it is warm & golden brown. Top with extra poppy seeds.