Healthy Mexican Chicken Soup
Who says healthy food can't be delicious? This soup is perfect on a chilly night, and is fully of yummy ingredients!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pkg taco or fajita seasoning (or 3 TBSP of your own)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can rotel tomatoes
- 6 mini bell peppers, finely diced (orange, red, yellow)
- 2 TBSP heavy cream or half & half
- 1/2 cup red salsa
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- In a pot or dutch oven, cook the chicken breasts with seasoning until fully cooked.
- Once the chicken is cooked, shred and add back to the pot along with the diced bell peppers.
- Once the peppers have started to soften, add the rotel, broth, water, salsas & heavy cream or half & half.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh avocado, sour cream or plain creek yogurt & hot sauce.