Venison Philly Cheesesteaks
Have you ever used cubed steak to make philly cheesesteaks? They are delicious!!! So tender and full of flavor! Feel free to add bell peppers or jalapenos if you like!
- 1 pound venison cubed steak, tenderized and cut into strips
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 TBSP worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP dales marinade
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- black pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 4 hoagie rolls, sliced in half length wise
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- mayo, optional
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add sliced onion and cook until slightly tender. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Next, add in the cubed steak along with worcestershire, dales marinade and seasonings. Cook on medium high heat until it starts to turn brown, then add the onions back in.
- Add broth and cook mixture until the liquid is mostly absorbed.
- Preheat oven to broil. While the oven is heating, turn on a new skillet on medium heat, and butter the rolls. Lay the rolls, cut side down and brown. To prepare the sandwiches, add the meat and the provolone cheese.
- Assemble sandwiches and place in oven just long enough to melt the cheese. It does not take long, so do not walk away!!! I hope you enjoy!