Sassy & Spicy Shrimp Tacos
Tacos are one of my absolute favorite foods! They are perfect any time of day, any time of year! These shrimp tacos are crispy with the perfect amount of spice and oh so delicious!!!
- 1 pound of shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 cup cornstarch
- canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 TBSP thai sweet chili sauce
- 1 1/2 TBSP sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp sambal chili paste (optional)
Taco Shells & Toppings
- fajita style taco shells
- shredded lettuce
- fresh lime
- fresh cilantro
- In a bowl, add milk, pepper, garlic powder and cajun seasoning.
- Mix the cornstarch and old bay seasoning.
- Heat oil in a deep pan until the oil reaches 350 degrees F.
- Remove shrimp from the milk mixture and dredge in the cornstarch mixture on each side.
- Fry shrimp, until brown and crispy on each side -- approx. 3 minutes
- Add to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- To make the sauce, mix the mayo, chili sauce, sriracha and chili paste in a bowl.
- Heat a frying pan on medium heat. Add butter to each side of the tortilla and grill on both sides to warm.
- Assemble the tacos with lettuce and any other toppings you would like. Add the shrimp and top with sauce. Enjoy!