cajun chicken alfredo
it's creamy, a little spicy, full of garlic, parmesan cheese and is DELICIOUS! this cajun chicken alfredo is such an easy weeknight meal or make it for friday night date night! you can leave the cajun seasoning out if you do not like spicy, but it makes this dish! i hope y'all enjoy!
- 2 TBSP butter
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp cajun seasoning (i love crave spices magic mardi)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 pound chicken (2 breasts or 4 tenders)
- 1/2 pound pasta
- In a saucepan with olive oil, add your chicken that has been seasoned with salt, pepper, 1 tsp cajun seasoning -- I also added a little of recteq heffer dust. Brown on both sides until the chicken is completely cooked and set aside. We are going to reuse this pan!
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and add the pasta. Cook until al dente. Save 1/4 cup of the pasta water, drain the rest and set aside.
- In the saucepan that you cooked the chicken, add the butter & garlic and cook on medium low heat until the butter has melted and it starts to sizzle.
- Add the pasta water, heavy cream, 1 tsp cajun seasoning, salt and pepper to taste. Keep on LOW so it does not boil over.
- After simmering for a 3-4 minutes, add the parmesan cheese and whisk until it has melted. Turn the heat off.
- Add in the cooked pasta and chicken -- I like to slice or cut my chicken up and add it in so that it all gets mixed in with the sauce. Top with a sprinkle of cajun seasoning, freshly cracked black pepper and a little more parmesan cheese if you like!
- Serve immediately!
**you can also use a rotisserie chicken if you would like, to make the process quicker **if reheating, be sure do reheat in a saucepan on LOW with a splash or heavy cream -- a microwave will separate this sauce