Spicy Shrimp Summer Pasta
There is just something about fresh shrimp, pasta filled with all the flavor and a glass of white wine on a hot summer day! Creating a beautiful and delicious meal does not have to be difficult. If you do not eat shrimp, you can absolutely substitute chicken or extra veggies! This recipe is ALWAYS a winner!!!
- 8 oz pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 dozen shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 1/2 tsp Crave Spices Magic Mardi
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 TBSP butter
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup arugula or spinach
- sriracha to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- In a sauté pan, melt half of the butter & add the shrimp. Season with Crave Spices Magic Mardi and cook until the shrimp is no longer translucent.
- After you remove the shrimp from the pan, add the other half of the butter, garlic and lemon juice and let cook for 1-2 minutes, add the wine and let cook for 3-4 minutes —> this is a must & what makes it so flavorful!
- Next add the cherry tomatoes and let them cook until they start to soften. Add the heavy cream, sriracha, red pepper flakes, salt & pepper and let simmer until the sauce starts to thicken then add the pasta and arugula or spinach. Add in the shrimp and parmesan cheese and stir.
- Top with fresh cracked black pepper, fresh herbs if you have them, and extra freshly grated parmesan cheese because there is no such thing as too much cheese! Pairs perfectly with sunshine and a crisp white wine!